Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Senior Year

Merry Christmas! I'm a senior. Here is what I have done so far with the year!

I made this blog because I liked the username. I thought to myself, "Hey, I think I'll post everything that I sew. I'll say it's been 'allysewn.' '100% allysewn.' 'Everything allysewn.' 'You've been allysewn!" At the time, I was working on a bunch of Christmas gifts that I had sewn.
But then I forgot to take pictures of everything, so I don't have that many pics to post of my creations. It's okay though, cuz I'll probably post other things, besides just what I make. I don't wanna be boring. Next year I'll be designing/making costumes for Lowell's musical, though, so I'll have things to post then.

Here's the dress I made for senior boat. And Becky. This is a small little picture. I wasn't expecting it to come out so small. We look so tiny. Well, she looks tiny. I look tall and gigantic. I like this dress. It's kinda plain, but I like the color. And it's soft and comfy. Also, the top is separate. It ties in the back. I'm gonna wear the top to some dinner or party or something.
I'm working on another dress now. Or sorta. I figured it out in my head, and I got the fabric, but I haven't started sewing. But I do know it's gonna be white and pleated, if I can learn how to pleat things neatly.




And this is one if the pillows I made. On Black Friday, we went to Joanne's at 7am, and, without thinking, I bought a lot of flannel. I didn't realize that there is not much to make with flannel, since I wasn't making gifts for any babies... So I made a lot of pillows, pajamas, and stuffed animals.. but there is still so much more flannel. I don't even know why I bought it in such great quantities. Ugh. Stupid flannel. Stupid Joanne. If you want something made out of flannel, let me know.

Besides sewing things, I have been playing a lot of nerts, learning "Defying Gravity" on piano, working on agape, and having a lot of dart gun wars. I'm not really busy, and I'm done with college apps. I think I'm using senior year to rest up before I start college and make up for all the fun I missed out on during junior year! I like this.
So this is now officially my blog for life. I will actually stay committed to this blog and post sewing projects, my thoughts, interesting stories, etc.
So follow my blog! I'll follow yours...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool. look forward to seeing more posts! ;)

nate said...

decent first post. i expect better for the next one though.

Sarah said...

i LOLd.