Tuesday, November 17, 2009

like urban renewal, but not. urban renewally.

In the costume shop, we get to bring in random clothes that don't fit us anymore. or that are too ugly or boring or whatever to wear. We take them apart and transform them into beautiful things. I thought this would be a really good idea for a non-profit, or just a clothing line. but then Sarah told me that Urban Renewal already does this. Oh poo.

For my first project, I used:
- the bottom of my grey t-shirt from dodgeball tournament (we got slaughtered don't ask)
- one of brother's plain black t-shirts

braided strips of grey t-shirt + pleated black t-shirt (minus sleeves and neck) =


Because I have a sewing machine snuggly stationed on a corner of my desk, and because the only fabric I have to sew with (at least for this semester) will be from clothes I don't want to wear anymore, I will probably do a lot more of this stuff.

I promised myself I would start working at 11:30, so this blog post will have to do for now.
Oh but I have to add somewhere here that yesterday I woke up at 2:30 and missed all my classes and now I'm so traumatized I'm pretty sure I will not miss another class ever. Or at least for the rest of the semester. Okay 11:30. Good bye blogging world I will be back soon!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! That looks amazing! It doesn't even look like you made it!

Jacky Wu said...

wow so cool ally! you are so talented!

Carmen said...

Because you said you get excited over comments and because I don't want to be that creepy friend of your brother's who actually follows your blog but doesn't let you know.

Hi. :]